Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Here you find all frequently asked questions (FAQ) about our games. The questions and answers are divided into different subcategories which you can browse. If you don't see your question answered here, please ask us your question via e-mail.
Please note: Our FAQ area is still under construction.
Some random questions
Insurrection - In case of an Insurrection, do I have to remove a building from my principality or may I discard a building from my hand?
You must remove a building of your principality.
Plunder - May I use the Traitor card to plunder or conquer a city with 2 towers if I have no warriors/horsemen in my tribe box?
- Plunder: Yes.
- Conquer: It is the first city conquered by this tribe, so you place the tribe waiting in front of the city wall on the city, together with a supply wagon from the tribe's box. Later in the game this will no longer be possible, because then conquering will require you to remove a warrior from your tribe's box.
The following event cards are always included in the game: Yule, Invention, Year of Plenty, and Traveling Merchant. From the sets used, add the event cards that do not depict a half moon symbol, then add as many randomly drawn event cards depicting a half moon symbol until a total of 12 event cards is reached.
No, you must trade when you move the Traveling Theater.
That depends on which player is the first one to roll a “?”.
- The Dogma is removed as soon as the player who played it rolls a “?”.
- The Witch is removed as soon as the owner of the Building with the Witch rolls a “?”.
In each case, the respective other card remains on the Building.
Note: Witches belong to the theme set "Wizards & Dragons", which is part of the Catan Card Game – Expansion Set.
Note: Region Improvements are part of the Catan Card Game – Expansion Set.
Hand Limit - What needs to be considered in terms of the hand limit when players take cards back into their hand? Do I have to observe my hand limit only at the end of my turn?
- The active player must observe his hand limit only at the end of his turn.
- The passive player, however, must observe his hand limit at any time, meaning that he might have to discard cards in between.
Merchant - Do I keep the victory point for the Merchant figure if one of my opponents takes this game piece away from me?
No. You receive 1 victory point when you take over the Merchant figure, and you lose the victory point as soon as an opponent plays a Merchant card and thus takes over the Merchant figure.
Great Trade Fleet - Do I use the Great Trade Fleet to trade with my game partner, with the bank, or between my own regions?
You use it exclusively for trading with the bank.