“Catan HD” for iPad
With “Catan HD,” the ingenious strategy game “The Settlers of Catan” makes its debut on the iPad, whose large display provides lots of gaming fun.
Since January 2011 and August 2012, respectively, the “Seafarers” expansion and the “Cities & Knights” expansion are available as in-app purchases.
About the game
Trade, build, rule! As in Klaus Teuber's original game, up to four players - in hotseat multiplayer mode - can vie for the most settlements, the Longest Road, and the Largest Army. You can trade with your opponents and take possession of the precious land and its resources.
If there are no other players available, various Catanians, each with their own individual characteristics, will prove themselves worthy competitors: Jean the pirate, who knows no compromise, Vincent the merchant, who never allows himself to be cheated, Siegfried the knight, who takes what is rightfully his ...
The Catan expansions “Seafarers” and “Cities and Knights” are available as in-app purchases.
The Seafarers expansion includes more than 10 new scenarios and an extensive campaign. Build harbors, discover new islands, cross deserts and sail through thick fog banks on the high seas. Become the ruler of “Greater Catan,” journey through “Oceania” or discover the mysterious “Treasure Islands.” Ahoy!
The Cities & Knights expansion adds even more variety to the world of Catan. Cities become metropolises, trade flourishes, and the new wealth attracts barbarians from across the sea. The players must raise an army of knights to fend off the barbarian fleet and may win additional victory points in the process! Cities & Knights contains a short campaign and 7 challenging game maps.
Find out if you got what it takes to be a settler, confront your opponents and become Lord of Catan!
|Manufactuer's website / support:||USM|
|Suggestions for improvements and requests?||Mail to: email@example.com|
|Requirements:||Compatible with iPad, iPad 2, and the New iPad (“iPad 3”).
Requires iPhone OS 3.2 or newer.
- In accordance with the original “The Settlers of Catan” game rules
- Local hotseat multiplayer mode
- Smart computer opponents with individual strategies
- Scrollable game board including retina-graphics and zoom option
- 3 different graphic sets to choose from: Play in classic mode or select the original graphics from the US or German board game editions
- Freely combinable game settings
- High-resolution user interface with movable elements
- Game Center Achievements and local game statistics
- Comprehensive tutorial and Catan almanac
- Seafarers LITE: Additional Seafarers scenario “The Four Islands” and two more game variants
- Cities & Knights LITE: Test the new C&K expansion in the scenario “The First Island”